Dutch babies are a favorite meal around here, so whenever I make them I always double the batch. Even then it’s not enough! Also called German pancakes, this yummy breakfast is cross between crepes and popovers and magically forms itself into a bowl shape while cooking in the oven.
I topped my portion with Huckleberry preserves I purchased on our road trip to Yellowstone National Park!
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Caramel Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener (Sugar, honey, Swerve/Erythritol)
- Dash of Salt
- Toppings: Powdered Sugar, Lemon Curd, Berry Preserves, Nutella, Whipped Cream
- Divide butter equally into two casserole dishes. My casserole dishes are 2.8 liters (8.5x11) Corningware dishes. Each dish should have 2 T butter.
- Place casseroles with butter into a 375 degree oven until melted.
- While butter is melting, add ingredients to a mixing bowl wish together remaining ingredients. (sugar is optional)
- Remove dishes from the oven and pour batter onto melted butter, trying to get equal amounts in each dish.
- Place in oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite topping.
- This recipe has been doubled, but I could easily double it again!